Saturday, September 24, 2011

The Experiment - Day 13

Lucky day 13 of The Experiment where my 10-year-old daughter assigns me tasks I must complete!

Yesterday's tasks were mercifully easy. It was another hectic day, so I was glad to have tasks I could complete.

I read my humorous fiction book for 15 minutes - and got another hour or so into it today while waiting for Rebecca to have her tennis lesson.

I also wrote a creative poem about nature, titled "Ode To Poultry". It sure ain't e.e. cummings, but it rhymed. And I'm proud to say, it does not contain the word "cluck". The temptation for bawdy rhyming words would have been too strong.

Speaking of poultry, we have been tending a neighbor's chickens. He is ready to find a new home for them, but I became enamored with a feisty little Red Barred Booted d'Uccle hen. Even before I knew the breed, I had named her "Boots" We adopted little Boots, and are in the process of easing her into our flock. I hope the transition is successful, because there's something about her quirky little squawks that makes me happy! And it's a good thing she's quick and feisty when she needs to be, because she'll have 6 big Rhode Island Red sisters to contend with!

It's already 6pm, and I was up late last night playing for a dance, and then got up obscenely early today to play fiddle for an autism run fundraiser. My eyelids are definitely at half mast, so I'll keep it short.

Here's today's tasks:
  1. Stay away from all news sources other than the weather for 24 hours. This includes web media, TV media, radio media. It's OK to scroll around on facebook, but if I detect a news item, I am to avert my eyes! I didn't get the memo until 12:30pm today, so my news fast will last until 12:30pm tomorrow.
  2. For the next 3 days, whenever you feel overjoyed, or a surge of happiness, write in your new notebook. (See format on graphic of Rebecca's task sheet.) I have a perfect little pocket-sized mini composition book that I can slip in my pocket so if bliss cascades upon me, I'll be ready. I need to find a little mini pen to go with it!
As usually, I'll let you know how I do tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage you to comment on my blog. All comments will be moderated to eliminate trolls and spammers.